What is Laser Therapy?
The name LASER is made from an acronym. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emmision of Radiation.
It is a very pure and powerful form of light energy used to treat a patient for injury or inflammation. It is a completely non-invasive, pain free treatment for your pet.
Laser therapy works by:
- improving blood flow to the affected area,
- which subsequently helps reduce swelling, inflammation and pain,
- and thereby promotes faster wound healing.
For some conditions, a single treatment may be all that is required. For more involved cases, clients can expect to bring their pets in for a series of 6 treatments over a 2-3 week period. All patients respond differently, so follow-up maintenance treatments may be recommended.
Common applications for laser therapy include:
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Muscle strains
- Sore muscles and joints
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological pain
- Chronic non-healing wounds
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre and post surgical treatment
Benefits of Laser Therapy: