COVID-19 Client Updates
An update from our practice on COVID-19
- The team at North Waterloo Veterinary Hospital has been fortunate that over the past 2 years we have not had to close our doors due to COVID and have been able to continually serve you and your pets. Our COVID protocols have served their purpose to protect you, your pets, and our staff. While we understand the transition to our curbside and enclosure services has been difficult for all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and respect for the policies we have put in place.
- Now, with the continued relaxed COVID guidelines from Ontario authorities, we are modifying our COVID procedure while still maintaining safety for all.
- Beginning June 6th, 2022, and in accordance with public health recommendations, pets can now be accompanied by one pet parent into the clinic. We will still require masks to be worn to help ensure everyone’s safety. Our staff will also wear masks.
- We will still ask for you to call the clinic upon arrival to check in for your appointment. A staff member will welcome you directly to the exam room. Whenever possible, the technician will continue to help the Doctor during the appointments, allowing as much physical distancing as possible in our exam rooms.
- We are also restricting the number of clients in our reception area to 2 people at a time. We ask that you wait outside until the reception area has cleared.
- We will also continue to offer curbside services if you would rather not return to in-person appointments.
- We hope to continue relaxing our procedures by slowly making this new transition back to in-person appointments. Again, our main objective is to protect you and our staff so we can remain open and continue providing care to your furry family members.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you inside soon!
Dr. Linda Hirzer, Dr. Julie Fell and all the staff of North Waterloo Veterinary Hospital